How Do You Keep Birds from Nesting in Your Gutters?
Your gutters are supposed to channel rainwater away from your home to protect it from water damage, but they can’t do that if they are obstructed. Unfortunately, without a gutter protection system in place, your gutters can become obstructed by birds that want to make their nests out of the leaves, twigs, and debris that accumulate in your gutter system. So, how do you keep birds from nesting in your gutters? Consider the following tips:
- Install solid gutter covers that will not only prevent birds from getting into your gutters, but also prevent leaves, twigs, and other debris from entering as well.
- Install bird decoys, such as fake owls, which can be used to deter other birds from nesting in your gutters.
- Use bird repellents, which stimulate the birds’ senses to make them uncomfortable with sitting in the spot for too long.
- Use humane traps to catch the birds and relocate them.
- Install sound technology, which uses high-frequency sounds and predator noises to deter birds
Of all these methods, the most successful solution for deterring birds from nesting in your gutters is to install a solid gutter cover. While flimsy mesh screen covers often prove ineffective, installing gutter covers made of aluminum or another metal makes it impossible for birds and other critters to get into your gutters, and is far more effective — and convenient — than trying to trap the birds or installing bird decoys.
Contact Gutter Helmet of Minnesota today to learn more about our innovative gutter guards, which are made of aluminum and will prevent birds from nesting in your gutter system while also ensuring that it stays clear and unobstructed year after year.